Top 20 Qualities of Highly Successful People:
The Ingredients for the Recipe of Success in the 21stCentury:
The purpose of this article to explore essential habits of remarkably successful people in the world of academia and business field.
In order to explore the top 20 Qualities of Highly Successful People, Dr. Olcay Yavuz
Interviewed successful scholars and scientists who currently work in America.
Being a successful in the world of academia or business world doesn’t happen by accident or luck. Remarkably successful people develop and apply vital skills in their personal and professional life.
These traits may sound simple, but the combinations of these traits lead to remarkable positive results in people’s personal and professional life.
I have a dream to create an education system that helps our kids to develop and apply these traits.
According to the scholars and scientists who participated in this study,here are the twenty traits that successful people have in common. Please check how many do you have these traits?
- Effective and Efficient Work Style: Efficient people are well organized and competent. Instead of delaying, they move forward and check things off their to-do list. They complete projects. They get stuff done. They check the right things off their to-do list. They complete the right projects. They get the right stuff done on time.
- Self-Confidence: Actions and important initiatives start with a self-confidence. Successful people has a feeling of trust in their abilities, qualities, and judgment to move forward.
- Systemic Partnership and Teamwork: In order to create, design and lead big projects, successful people create a strong team, build trust, and collaborate in state, national and global level.
- Focused and Targeted: Participants of this study also mentioned that successful people focus on one thing and one project at a time. They invest their full potential to do one thing incredibly well. After they complete their major task then they move on to the next project. And they fully focus on this task to
- Commutation& Speech:Effective communications is vital to achieving the goals and objectives of personal and career goals. Failure to communicate well can result in negative outcomes and missed opportunities
- Balanced Life: In the world of academic and business life, successful people achieved to have a balanced life. Especially, academicians show high performance in (1) Teaching and Mentoring, (2) Creativity and Research. (3) Service, (4) Professional Development.
- What Is In For Me (WIIFM): Successful marketing starts with The WIIFM Factor. Successful individuals make people realize that what they are offering is worth their money or their time.
- SMART Short and Long Term Planning:Working hard without a good purpose is just effort. Successful people don’t just know what to do–they know why they invest their time and effort. They have a SMART long-term goal. They have also short-term goals that support their long-term goals:
SMART means Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Timely (SMART)
- Time management: Successful people havegood time management skills that enablethem to work smarter – not harder – so that they get more done in less time, even when time is tight and pressures are high. Failing to manage time damages the effectiveness and causes stress.
- Keep your eyes on prize: Successful people keep your focus on achieving a positive end result.
- Consistency: Successful people show consistency in their pattern of behavior.
- Accuracy and Integrity:Successfulpeople have adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.
- Enthusiast:Successful people are filled with enthusiasm for achieving their projects
- Significant Impact and Contribution: Successful people focus on showing a significant impact and contribution to their organizations.
- Solid Content knowledge and Expertise: Successfulpeople are considered as an expert in their job and they always show advanced skill and knowledge in their fields.
- Love the Work and Care about Others: As Steve Job said the only way to do great work is to love what you do. Successful people who love their work and tend to think a lot about others how they can help people around them.
- Self-Motivated and Highly Disciplined: if you want to constantly learn and grow, it is important to have a self-motivation. Successful people don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do.They’re highly disciplined.
- Being Passionate: Successful people have a powerful feeling to complete their tasks. Usually, there is no short cut for a true success. As I always say to my students “NO PAIN, NO GAIN
- Sociality and Hobbies:Participants indicated that successful people are social and they have various hobbies and interests pursued for pleasure or relaxation. Without a social life and hobbies, our life becomes boring and uninteresting.
- Solution Orientedand Good Decision Makers: It is also noted that instead of complaining and creating negative culture, successful people focus on solutions to develop positivity in their environment. They are also good decision makers.
Once again, these traits may sound simple, but applying the combinations of these traits lead to remarkable positive results in your personal and career life.